Re: RE:Water wetter was: Amsoil vs. Redline vs. ?

From: N2mopars@aol.com
Date: Mon Jan 11 1999 - 22:31:16 EST

<< Russ,
 I tried water wetter in my Jensen (British) and my Barracuda (was getting
 hot at high speed). NO noticable difference with the standard guages on
 either vehicle. I think It is basically a surfactant and reduces the
 surface tension of the water to allow better "contact" and heat tranfer. Im
 not a total naysayer, but I cant imagine needing it on anything but an older
 british or italian car with inherent marginal cooling and AL alloy heads or
 blocks. Big chunks of cast iron have too high a thermal mass for real
 improvements from somthing like that. Jet dry dish washing additive seems
 to be basically the same stuff only blue... all of the above is IMO :^).
 Bruce

I noticed a big difference on my Dak using Water Wetter. Have also
successfully used it in road race cars that used no fans at all, just air
through the radiator.

Brad