Amsoil vs. Redline vs. ?

From: Dkota4by4@aol.com
Date: Mon Jan 11 1999 - 18:44:24 EST

I have decided to change all my fluids to synthetic (front and rear dif,
transfer case, transmission). I called Redline to check on their products,
prices, etc. The man I talked to said there were several different difs
listed for the 97 Dak including a Dana 44 front and a Dana 60 rear. Three ?s:

1. Does anyone know what dif, transfer case, transmission came in the 97 CC
4x4 318 auto w/ OD....or know how I can find this out.This determines what
application I need and how much I need.
2. Which brand should I go with (Redline, Amsoil, or other)?
3. Is there really any benefit from going with synthetic and will it justify
the cost (initial estimate looks like well over $150 closer to $200). Each
qt. of their fluid sells for $7.95 which adds up quick when you talk about the
trans holding up to 11qts. and each of the difs holding 4 and the transfer
case 3 qts. Thanks for the help.

Russ
P.S. Anyone tried the Redline water wetter? Any benefit?