Re: pullies

From: Gary Shook (gary.shook@mci.com)
Date: Tue Jan 12 1999 - 15:43:18 EST

The problem is how to turn the nut without turning the alternator... an impact wrench does this...
the crank pulley is a little easier, since the engine provides drag....

something to try is a breaker bar and a hammer- hit the end of the breaker bar with the hammer (poor man's impact wrench) Hint: break the nuts loose BEFORE removing the belt...

Gary Shook

    I just got some asp pullies for my truck. In the directions it says you must use an impact wrench to get the alternator pully off. Has anyone put pullies on there truck and does it require an imact wrench. Also is the crank pully hard to het off too.

    Scott
    97 v6 auto.