Snugtop cab high

From: Miller, Robert A (RAMiller@sycamore.com)
Date: Wed Jan 13 1999 - 00:12:33 EST

Does any body else have a Snug top cab high shell on a 97 or newer?
When I installed mine it actually dropped my gas mileage by 2 mpg.
Reason for this is the fact that the shell is actually 1" to tall due to the
cab rear being rolled down for smoother air flow, causing the shell to act
as a wind brake. I kept my sliding window in the truck and got a fixed
window on the shell for security reasons. If I'm driving down the road at 60
mph and open the rear window I get a blast of air with the side windows down
that will remove your hat.
I contacted snugtop to no avail. I would like to seal the shell but then it
would rub on the rear of the DAK. And that won't fly with me.

Robert Miller
97 DAK CC 318 3.92SG