Re:Spanking Grand Prix's - warning

From: Sam Parthemer (maverick_nr552@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Jan 13 1999 - 17:48:28 EST

Yes the Grand Prix is MUCH lighter than the R/T, but I seriously
doubt it has more torque than the R/T (345 ft. lbs.) Only thing
other than a viper/or OTHER similarly equipted car with a V8 has any
where near the torque (stock) of the R/T or other Dakota/Ram magnum
engines (yes the chevy/and fords cars/trucks with v8's are included
above).

The Dodge LHS I think has 220 hp out of a 3.5L v6, but the torque
figures were not more than 210-250 from what I remember.

Weight makes a BIG difference, so 2 cars/trucks with similar hp, but big
weight differences will have different performance characteristics.
Load that Gran Prix with about 500-600# of groceries, concrete bags from
Home Depot, etc... Then see how well it
does :P

sam '95 SLT

>>Remeber your r/t may be near 25ohp stock but the Grand Prix is MUCH
Lighter