longtime member's perspective

From: Michael Clark (markiiidakota@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Jan 14 1999 - 05:17:16 EST

After 3 hours getting cought up on the last few days dml traffic --er I
mean flames, I cought myself remenissing <sp?> umm, thinking back, to
the good old days of the DML when I first subscribed to the list. I
guess it was about 2 1/2 years ago (man time flies!) But back then i
think we only had around 200 members. 40 messages per day (heavy day)
no group purchases, webrings, or dml meets --(that was the bad part of
it)-- But none of us back then knew what a flame was besides something
you cooked BBQ with. I was so proud of the DML then, I'd always comment
to my F-body friend about how great the guys were on my list when he'd
tell me of all the flame and junk on his list.

It's great we have more members, and the DML is still made up of some of
the greatest people around. And I still feel that you would be hard
pressed to find a better list-group-organization than the DML. But we
should all try and keep flames down for the good of the list. I can see
snapping at some one occasionally, but I think we should adopt a
standing policy that any new flame that goes over 2 or 3 posts should be
automaticaly transfered to private email. I mean normally 99.9% of the
members don't care to read someone elses arguments. It reminds me of
Jerry Springer (without the fights every 5 seconds). Why someone wants
to go on national television and argue a personal matter with someone
else is beyond me. (ok so they get a free plane ride and hotel..) So
what do you say guys, lets try and clean this list up and get it back up
to the standards that I (and I'm sure a few others) remember.

And just a suggestion that's for the list as a whole... Before you send
out a comment kinda look it over and see if it's gonna piss someone off.
Add in some BWAHAHAHAHA's or ;-)'s or "just kidding" or something.
Maybe an anti-flametory statement, like the mandatory Dak content
thing?....

Anti-Flametory statement:
This is NOT directed at any one person, it's a general post to all on
the list. Read it in a good natured tone for that's how I wrote it. if
any of it makes you mad then I must have typed it wrong, it should make
you think though...

---Mike (I miss the old list) Clark near Houston.---
 My sig file=====> http://web.wt.net/~mclark/signature.txt
 My Dakota page==> http://web.wt.net/~mclark/dakota.html
 Dakota Webring==> http://web.wt.net/~mclark/webring/ring.html