Sqeeeeak...

From: Michael Clark (markiiidakota@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Jan 14 1999 - 05:27:41 EST

Hey guys, my truck has developed an annoying sqeak. It seems to be
comming from the driver side lower door sill. I hear it when ever I
pull away from a stop and when I apply the breaks. Just the least bit
of longitudinal (front to back) weight shift and I hear it. Had someone
with me the other night (glad I finally got rid of her, some people just
can't take a hint...) but anyway the squeek was embarassing. I guess
when I'm alone in the truck I don't "hear" these kinds of things, but it
seemed LOUD as hell with her in there... Any ideas on where this could
be comming from? I have thought maybe the cab bushings underneath.
haven't checked yet, but what else could cause something like this?
Something in the door adjustment? I've checked the running boards and
they seem to be very tight.... Anyone else experiance anything similar?

Thanks in advance...
---Mike, near Houston.---
 My sig file=====> http://web.wt.net/~mclark/signature.txt
 My Dakota page==> http://web.wt.net/~mclark/dakota.html