3.92 gears Was:Audio (Dester)

From: David Gloff (dgloff@xnet.com)
Date: Thu Jan 14 1999 - 15:11:58 EST

In my opinion, for normal city and highway driving, 3.92 is just too much
gear. The RPMs get really high if you hold 1st past 6 or 7 mph, on up to
the 'puter wanting you to shift into fifth when you hit 30 at light
throttle. Also, when not racing (fairly low revs), it's very slow until
3rd gear (especially because of the early 1-2 shift, but you can avoid
this by starting in 2nd, which is tricky, but I'm beginning to get the
hang of it). On the highway, it's over 2700 RPMs at 75MPH, getting
15-16MPG between 65 and 75. I'll see just how great the acceleration is
when the roads dry up, so maybe it won't be too bad, but my first
inclination is that I made a big mistake getting the 3.92s. Oh well, you
win some, you lose some.

David Gloff
Computer Technician
Valcom Professional Computer Center; Kemper/Scudder/Zurich Funds
aolim: dgloff
Loaded Intense Blue '99 Dakota Sport CC 318 5-speed 3.92SG
Sony C680 CD Player and HX-504 amp
Phoenix Gold XS 10" Sub, 6 1/2" midranges, 3/4" tweeters