Re: 4X4 Light Switch

From: HKUSP40578@aol.com
Date: Sat Jan 16 1999 - 11:34:03 EST

<< My 4X4 works, but the light doesn't come on when it's engaged. The light is
 okay and I tried to located the contact switch under the shift assembly, but
 couldn't locate it. So what causes the 4X4 light to come on when engaged.
 I'm assuming that it needs some cleaning. It's a minor thing, but I'm picky.

Check in your owner's manual......I know there is a fuse for the 4WD light as
well as a small watt bulb, both of which are listed in the manual. If you know
the bulb is good, locate the fuse and see if it is broke. If the fuse is also
good, hmmmmm, I am not sure about a contact switch, but there has to be one.
Good Luck
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4