Re: Insurance Was: Some thoughts on R/T's, new cars

From: bnich@bellatlantic.net
Date: Sat Jan 16 1999 - 20:09:16 EST

The Man From Utopia wrote:

> Rt 17 always sucked. It and Rt4 have been consistantly rated in the top 10
> of the most dangerous highways in the US (especially the 4/17 cloverleaf in
> Paramus). The next dangerous is the Franklin Ave/Rt17 intersection in
> Hasbrouck Heights. I used to ride with the Heights Ambulance Unit, and
> cleaned up many an accident there (and a few pedestrians). I'm glad that
> they have gotten rid of most of the traffic lights on Rt17. I've heard that
> they are finally going to widen the section that runs from Lodi to Paramus.
> Oh and btw don't think your auto insurance is gonna go down anytime soon
> (unless you lower you converage to nothingness) as promised by Gov.
> Whitless. Since she mandated that the insurance companies drop the subcharge
> stuff, and go to a tiered type system all of us will be paying MORE. Nice
> snow job she gave us!
>
> Greg
> 95 DSCC v6 5spd

listed my policy. I called State Farm, mine went down, hers went up. Boy
was she pissed! I once had 62 points on my DL, so I'm sure I've at one
time paid more for insurance than 10 of you guys at once! No tickets in
a long time though, I've slowed down, NOT, Just have a County Deputy
Sherrifs Badge that keeps me out of trouble. I'm also a Blue Knight,
that also helps. See ya, Bob "the persistant violator" Nichols
Boy I'm glad I haven't seen that big red PERSISTANT VIOLATOR stamp
lately!