RE: Insurance Was: Some thoughts on R/T's, new cars

From: The Man From Utopia (tmfu@bellatlantic.net)
Date: Sat Jan 16 1999 - 21:03:05 EST

> The Man From Utopia wrote:
> >
> > Rt 17 always sucked. It and Rt4 have been consistantly rated in
> the top 10
> > of the most dangerous highways in the US (especially the 4/17
> cloverleaf in
> > Paramus). The next dangerous is the Franklin Ave/Rt17 intersection in
> > Hasbrouck Heights. I used to ride with the Heights Ambulance Unit, and
> > cleaned up many an accident there (and a few pedestrians). I'm glad that
> > they have gotten rid of most of the traffic lights on Rt17.
> I've heard that
> > they are finally going to widen the section that runs from Lodi
> to Paramus.
> > Oh and btw don't think your auto insurance is gonna go down anytime soon
> > (unless you lower you converage to nothingness) as promised by Gov.
> > Whitless. Since she mandated that the insurance companies drop
> the subcharge
> > stuff, and go to a tiered type system all of us will be paying
> > MORE. Nice snow job she gave us!

> Greg, My insurance went down $350. Actually my daughters
> accident was on
> listed my policy. I called State Farm, mine went down, hers went up. Boy
> was she pissed! I once had 62 points on my DL, so I'm sure I've at one
> time paid more for insurance than 10 of you guys at once! No tickets in
> a long time though, I've slowed down, NOT, Just have a County Deputy
> Sherrifs Badge that keeps me out of trouble. I'm also a Blue Knight,
> that also helps. See ya, Bob "the persistant violator" Nichols
> Boy I'm glad I haven't seen that big red PERSISTANT VIOLATOR stamp
> lately!

When did you renew your policy? If it was before October then you got in
before the tiered system went into effect. I won't know until March when I
renew. I'm only paying $840 a year (with collison and com, and max
liability) with Allstate. The most I had in points was 14 points (8 for
doing 137 on the Parkway). But for close to 17 years I've been a good
boy(being an EMT helps). If your a Blue Knight do you know Mel from Paterson
Fire?

Greg (part of the "Good ole boy Network")
95 DSCC v6 5spd