Re: Boog's 4x4 adventure! For your Sunday reading enjoyment

From: HKUSP40578@aol.com
Date: Sun Jan 17 1999 - 13:02:33 EST

<< Well, it turned out that I broke the bolt that the shifter linkage slides
back
 and forth on. Half of it is still in the transfer case! Thank God it
wasn't
 internal. Although I still have a problem.
 So heres how I got out of 4 low. There is a lever at end of the linkage.
The
 most forward position is 4 low. I tapped it back to neutral with a hammer.
 Then it shifted to 4 hi position easily. I left it there to get home.
 Yesterday I put her back into 2wd.

  Lube your linkage regularly. >>

Boog,
     Sorry to hear that this happened......hopefully it's an easy fix. 4LO is
a truely awesome gear/crawl ratio. I do have one question though, why do you
think it was so hard so shift in/out of 4LO? What do you mean lube your
linkage regulary, do you mean the linkage of the 4WD shift level ontop of the
tcase? I can shift in/out of 4LO very easily, I am runnin Amsoil(synthetic)
ATF Fluid in my tcase, maybe this helps. Do you do regular fluid changes on
your tcase?? If not, you really should. The tcase only takes like 2 pints of
fluid, so its a very cheap thing to do, even when you are using synthetics.
Plus its a peace of mind knowing your 4WD system will work.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4