Re: Spark Plugs and Platinum + 4

From: Mitzi & David Fishman (fish@ihot.com)
Date: Mon Jan 18 1999 - 01:16:43 EST

I replaced the plugs in my 318 this afternoon with the Bosch Platinum
+4. Really tough to find a set here, and they're $5.99. P/N 4418 is
correct. Measured reach against stock and it's right on. I needed a 15"
breaker bar to loosen the stock plugs. DC must use an impact wrench at
the factory set to 80 ft-lbs. All the stock plugs were gapped between
0.038-0.040". No gapping the +4, but it looks to be about 0.050" or
more. The rest of the ignition is stock, so I reset the trip computer
and we'll see if I get any mileage increase or not. After driving for
about ten miles after the change, the only immediate difference noticed
was the engine fired up just slightly quicker than it usually does, but
new plugs usually have that effect.

My JBA shorty headers should be in sometime next week after getting
coated. I hate not being able to get instant gratification :-\

Happy MLK day...I don't know about the rest of you, but I don't have to
work tomorrow!

fish