Re: RE: weather

From: Rekker21@aol.com
Date: Mon Jan 18 1999 - 10:17:59 EST

In a message dated 1/18/99 8:11:29 AM Eastern Standard Time,
nbleazard@home.com writes:

<<
 Our temps have now risen to above freezing and we're experiencing
 thunderstorms and about 10 inches of water expected. WOOHOO! The highways
 and roads are starting to flood and they're expecting a lot of flooded
 basements. Yippee! Jason and I live in a basement apartment. :(

 The snow that is melting can't go anywhere as the sewers are packed with
 snow. A local house fire couldn't get put out quickly as the fire hydrants
 were buried in snow. I could deal with this better if the temps didn't go
 below freezing overnight and make all the water into an ice rink. Great for
 skating, not so great for driving.

 I heard about the 50 car pile up in Detroit due to the weather- >>
Norah! I feel your pain! My NEW porch roof started leaking so I made a roof
rake and got all the snow off of it before it melted, then shoveled out my
house so the basement wont flood as bad as it could! Got the snow about 8
feet away from the sides of the house!
Yup! That was a major accident!
Eric Eastpoint Mi Kurtz