Re: Re: Converters?

From: Chad (mcc@negia.net)
Date: Mon Jan 18 1999 - 16:07:50 EST

While we're on the subject of catalytic converters, I have a question.
I have a rattling coming from under my truck. I cannot find anything
loose or touching and have come to the conclusion that it must be the
catalytic converter making the noise. I believe I read that someone had
a part inside of theirs to break and make a rattle?

Anyway, since I have a good reason to, I am going to put in a high flow
cat (if the rattle is from there). Does anyone have any recommendations
for high flow cats? What do they cost? What kind of horsepower gain do
they provide?

I have a '95 Dakota 3.9l.

Thanks,
        Chad Clifton