magnum cam kit

From: Patrick and Kelly Engram (shetland@erols.com)
Date: Tue Jan 19 1999 - 00:01:17 EST

" I was scanning the PAW catalog and it shows a cam from Mopar for
Magnum
engines. It say the cam requires a Mopar valve springs and retainer kit.
Is
anyone using this cam? Any drivability problems? It claims to give 45 HP
if
you have exhaust, air filter and a Mopar computer (SBEC). "

Alan,
  I ran the whole get-up, with cam, lifters, springs, hi-flo injectors,
headers, y-pipe, and catback system. As I knew that I would be selling
my truck after the dealer replaced the engine under warranty, I started
disecting the upgrades, removing them bit by bit. The gibson exhaust
did little to change the performance. I removed the injectors and
computer at the same time, and there was a significant effect in the
performance. But the one thing that changed the whole personality of
the truck and its driveability was when the engine finally came out and
away went my cam and lifters and springs, and in went a stocker. The
cam pulls so much stronger at mid to upper end rpm's. It's the
difference from the truck feeling adequate to feeling kinda fast, know
what I mean?
  Hope this helps...
Patrick