Re: Blaupunkt

From: JT McBride (mcbride@abac.com)
Date: Wed Jan 20 1999 - 03:43:11 EST

>You can pickup an adapter kit at Circuit city for $12.00.

FedEx left me a note today. The Crutchfield adapter is in town -- but not
in my hands :(

>As far as Blaupunkt is concerned, I had a Lexington tape desk,
>then added the second DIN sized CDP01 (CD player). Looked like
>a radio stack in an airplane. The CDP01 was a Philips CD

Another neato feature is that you can vary the color of the front panel.
Just what you need in that Solar Yellow R/T Sonya -- yellow instrument
panel, and matching sound system...

>player, and still to this date, no other CD player I've tried,
>including my wife's Alpine CD changer, can play the scratched test CD
>I used in the CDP01.. It was flawless. The Lexington had some
>mysteriously loose screws in it that decided to come out and dance
>around on the PCB, and caused a fire (YES FIRE!)... The Lexington
>was replaced with the ULTRA cool Dallas AM Stereo/FM Stereo tuner,

Replaced under warranty, I hope. IŽm getting a cassette deck because I
think they survive offroad better, and I have a good Nakamichi deck to
record with. By the time it dies, I hope weŽll have Star Trek-style PCMCIA
memory cards (maybe like the MP3 cards Diamond Multimedia is using), or
weŽll be able to beam our play selections from our home computer to the car
over an IR link. No Moving Parts!

>CD controller/DAT controller. The control/display unit was on a
>flexible stalk (like the Berlin of the '70s)... It also had ARI.

I remember the project cars in Car and Driver of that era. Always had
Recaro seats, and a Blaupunkt Berlin for the stereo (must have been a
favorite of editor David E. Davis).

>Which was a traffic alert signal broadcasted on a radio station.
>If you were listening to a CD, or a DAT, and the ARI signal was
>sent, the tuner would turn to the ARI broadcast (muting everything
>else). It never really worked too well, as ARI never caught on.
>The tuner was great, but I still needed to add a Blaupunkt power
>boosted antenna... With this antenna I could pickup Las Vegas
>radio stations from around Victorville, CA., and listening to the

The Clarion in my SAAB can do that too. The stock Dakota radio gets the
Vegas powerhouse stations about Barstow during the day. At night, you can
pick them up on the Cajon summit.

Jim
Ž93 4x4 CC V8