Re: Any Ideas? Attn: Jay

From: Jeff Durling (durling@ibm.net)
Date: Wed Jan 20 1999 - 20:17:36 EST

In case it helps I had the same problem with my '96 dak. I had to hold the
throttle open a 1/4 of the way and have my wife crank it. I ahd to keep
doing this until it warmed up so I could somewhat get it to idle. The
dealer found that it was a short in the battery. The reason it screwed
everything up is this: My battery problem was only dropping the voltage
down to around 11.3-11.6volts but the dealer told me this is not enough
juice to get the computer to run due to the way the voltage regulator is
set up. You may want to check the voltage on your battery, before crnking,
with a voltmeter. This was my particular problem but hope this helps. BTW
the dealer rplaced my battery for free and the poblem has never happend
again.

Jeff Durling
'96 RC sport - 5.2 v8