Re: Attention All DMLers!! Hughes Engines Website

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Wed Jan 20 1999 - 23:55:57 EST

At 10:37 PM 1/20/99 -0600, you wrote:
>I just spoke to Dave Hughes of Hughes Engines today. If you don't know, Hughes
>Engines is one of the premier Mopar engine developer/builders. They are
>particularly
>famous for their fast rate of lift custom ground camshafts and head porting
>as well
>as big block and small block engine development. It just so happens that
>Dave and
>his crew have been doing extensive development work with the magnum engines
>for the
>last several years. They now have a wide variety of products available for
>us magnum
>fans to include specially ground, super fast rate of lift cams, stage I and
>stage II
>throttle bodies, stage I and stage II cylinder head porting, intake
>modifications,
>valvetrain components and more. The cams and related specs are on their
>webpage(www.hughesengines.com) and they will soon have an entire section
>devoted to
>magnum engines up. Dave was kind and helpful as always and more than willing
>to take
>the time to help me select the right stuff. We now have another choice for
>performance parts! Best wishes to all.

   Andre,

  I was drooling over their web site a couple of weeks back, and printed
out some info for later use, but I haven't actually talked to anyone yet
though. In your discussion with Dave, did the subject of OBD-II happen
to come up? If they've been doing some research for a while, maybe they'd
know how radical a cam can get before the computer starts complaining?

  Kind of ironic that the Magnum engines are getting their own section
just as CC stops producing them. Oh well, better late than never! :-)

                                               -Jon-