Re: High output light bulb info: -Reply -Reply

From: mike d. (Michael Z-Sykes) (MSykes@su.edu)
Date: Thu Jan 21 1999 - 15:56:14 EST

I'll reply to both of your posts at once, cuz' I'm a lazy bast*rd =)

I have the H4's 55/60 watt with the high Xenon content and they ae
NICE!!! They are whiter than regular bulbs, but there is absolutely no blue
I'm afraid. I got and H4 housing conversion kit that isn't legal (sssshhhhh)
but hte bulbs are perfectly legal because they aren't overwatt (hehehe.
sneaky, huh?) The problem with these lights is: in the rain, the whiter
light scatters more then a yellowish light. I don't have foglights so this is a
problem. If you do have foglights, then it shouldn't be a problem because
those bulbs will be closer to the ground and have more yellow in them. If
you keep your factory foggies, and get the Xenon Bulbs, it won't look
tacky to oncomin' traffic because there isn't THAT much difference in the
color of the lights .I got my bulbs for 40 for the set from Susquehanna
Motorsports. Just be prepared to flash people back when they think you
have the 'beams on =)

>>>Okay.. So H4 hella lights are legal on the highway, right???<<<

yeah! the bulbs at factory output are legal (not like they can tell by lookin'
at em' if they aren't factory wattage) Some vehicles are equipped with
H4 from the factory. I don't know if your Dak accepts an H4. I got a
conversion kit for my 88 to go to the H4 setup as opposed to sealed
beams. Worth every penny =)

so what's the moral of the story? The Xenon Bulbs are significantly
brighter and more clear, but they aren't blue at all. No blue-age
whatsoever =)

-mike d.

>>> Sam Parthemer <srp@home.com> 01/20/99 11:54pm >>>
These are the bulbs... The blueish color is how they appear to on
coming traffic. They are Xenon, and are supposed to be 90%
capacity of the HID OEM lights (the lens in the Dakota/other vehicles
will probably cut down the 10%).

No soapbox needed.

Sam

>do you have specs on these? As far as why the are blueish and if they
>are halogen? There is NO WAY to make Halogen burn blue. The only
>way to alter the color halogen burns in to add another gas. I have bulbs
>with a high content of Xenon as well as halogen. They are whiter than
>Halogen bulbs, but there is no blue in them whatsoever (even though
the
>ad said they appeared blueish to oncoming traffic). The Xenon in the
HID