Stolen R/T(N. CA)

From: DodgeBoyz3@aol.com
Date: Thu Jan 21 1999 - 21:33:09 EST

Yesterday morning there was a loud knock on my door, and when I opened
the door there were two CHP officers climbing all over my truck and two
guys that were under cover officers as near as I can tell. They asked
me if I had paperwork for my Dakota. I did and showed them the plates
and stickers that I had not put on the truck yet. They checked the VIN
and told me to be careful someone had just had there Dakota R/T stolen.
They asked me if I had a Club for the steering wheel and told me to use
it. They also told me to get an alarm.
If anyone in the Northen California area sees a blue R/T Dakota you may
want to tell the CHP about it. I don't know much about what happens
when vehicles are stolen it could be in another state or country for
that matter. But since they only made 2,000 in 1998 and are only making
5,000 this year there won't be an abundance of them running around.
OK I have a club for the steering wheel, and I just bought locking lugs,
but as far as alarms does anyone have any suggestions? I would like
something that does not require a tone of drilling into body panels and
fenders. But whatever it takes to keep it from being stolen at this
point.
TIA
Mike Gale
99 Dakota R/T
67 Desert Dart Vert 225

Mike,

I have forwarded you mail to the Dakota Mailing List(DML). Lots of R/T owners
there and of course Dakota owners in general. You can get answers to all your
Dakota related questions.

I would advise you to get a hood lock. This is a big deterrent in theft. A
well hidden kill switch is also a plus.

For more info, go to: www.dakota-truck.net

Gene Rivers
95 Dakota SLT, RC, SB, 5.2L/Claret Red P.C.
99 R/T, CC, all the toys 5.9L/Deep Amethyst P.C.
68 Charger R/T, 440-4/Plum Crazy
66 Dart 270, 225-1v/Alpine White
www.mopars.net
ICQ#23787964