RE: MTX Thunderform Questions

From: Michael Guzinski (m.gski@CWIX.com)
Date: Sat Jan 23 1999 - 02:11:05 EST

I heard the Thunderforms in a Dakota this week. It was loud...but to tell
you the truth, if you want not soo much boom and a more accurate bass try
the JL Audio Stealthbox. It is pretty expensive new but I think someone on
the list has one for sale....Yah....It is Dave Peterson. The MTX
thunderforms replace your factory storage area and replace it with two 10"
subs and relocate the jack, the composition of the enclosure is ABS I
believe(flexible plastic). It looks pretty good and gives you the BOOM if
you put allot of power to it. The JL Stealthbox has a dual voice coil 8"
running a 3ohm load...It is made out of mostly hand laid fiberglass, much
more rigid material. I power mine with about 100w.....it is tight and
accurate bass......not really boom....just kinda bass that you feel a
little. The accuracy of it is unreal! If you are looking for a good clean
amp I have a brand new, never installed, Soundstream Reference 405 5/3
channel amp. I haven't even sent in the warranty card!!!! Hope this
helps...check with Dave P. see if he still has the stealthbox. They sell
for about $600 new.

Michael Guzinski
1999 Club Cab SLT
318 Auto 4X4