Misfires -- Need Help

From: fawcett@uism.bu.edu
Date: Sat Jan 23 1999 - 09:06:51 EST

I installed the Bosch Platinum +4's this past Monday and I noticed what I
think were several misfires at high speed -- about 65-75 MPH. It happened
going up a very slight grade with about 1/2 to 3/4 throttle (auto tranny
did not downshift or come out of O/D) and does not seem to happen at WOT...

My truck is a '98 318 with ~10k miles on it so I don't think it's the coil,
distributor, fuel injectors or other stuff that can cause this. I did put
my FABM 10" back on at the same time I put in the new plugs and I did reset
the computer...

Is it possible/probable that the computer just needs more time to adjust
and I should just wait this out or should I just go ahead and start yanking
the plugs and check gaps (even though they were "factory preset")??? Is
there a better way to diagnose the cause of a misfire?

Thanks in advance for any help.

T.

P.S. I wrote to Dave (Fish) who also recently installed these plugs and he
does not have the same symptom/problem... Thanks for checking for me Dave!