Re: Re: Dyno Results

From: Alan Short (ashort@flash.net)
Date: Fri Jan 22 1999 - 13:18:56 EST

Mike Catlin wrote:

> > Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 14:10:03 PST
> > From: Michael Clark <markiiidakota@hotmail.com>
> > Subject: Re: DML: Dyno results
> >
> > >Rear wheel HP. As you will see, I had to study the sheet a little to
> > >find the real #'s. 250.8 HP/229.1 FTLBS.
> >
> > Either your magnum is real sick (doubtful) or his dyno isn't working
> > right because you should see a lot more torque than 229. Right guys?
> >
> > - ---Mike, near Houston.---
>
> Hey Mike,
> When I dynode my R/T when it was new with the K&N and home
> made throttle body mods it dynode at
> 220.3 HP
> 303.5 ft lbs
>
> I scanned the dyno sheet if you want to compare
>
> http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Garage/2566/
>
> As you can see I gained 3 hp & 3 ft lbs of torque by unplugging
> the Jet chip (This was after I drove about 100 miles with the
> chip plugged in and the first dyno run was with the chip which
> is usually the higher numbers since the engine is cool).
>
> Mike Catlin
I looked at your dyno sheet, these #'s are Max Power. My Max #'s 280.6
HP/ 272.0 TRQ. There is a difference in technique also, my pull was
eased up to 40mph and hammered, downshift, and full throttlr upshifts
with O/D disabled. Yours appear to be a 3rd gear only roll on to full
power. Also you are at sea level, I am = 500ft. I made 2 pulls with no
changes, they varied by 4 hp and 1.5 ft lbs. Alan S.