Re: 8.5MM Wires; Secure Dist.Cap Connections

From: Jon Smith (jdsmith4@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Jan 24 1999 - 18:01:23 EST

Kyle,

They'll be a tight fit on the dist. cap; I found it easiest to install
all the cyl. wires and then the coil wire last, it took a lot of pushing
to get the coil wire on. On the MSD wires, there are two ridges running
on the side of the dist boot; cut them off on the coil wire and
everything should readily go on.

Jon Smith
95 SLT 4x4x318

>Ok fellow DMLers, I am just wondering about something, and hopefully
wondering this
>for no reason at all, but I need to ask. Am I going to run into any
problems when upraging
>from my 7MM(7.5MM?) ignition wires to 8.5MM wires as far as the
dist.cap connectors are
>concerned? I guess what I am asking is will these 8.5MM wires still
'lock' onto my brass
>connectors on my Borg Warner Select dist.cap securely, since I am using
a larger wire?? Just want to make sure that these will work before I
order them from a local speed shop.
>I plan on using MSD Super Conductor 8.5MM wires listed for a 94-97 V8
Ram(#33189) even thoughI have a V6 Dakota, just will have 2 extras.
Thanks to those of you who
>suggested to use this part number.
>Thanks again,
>Kyle
>93 Dakota 4x4 V6
> (__) ,---------. NOTE: The preceding message was sent via
Jaek and
> (oo) | :\/: _ _ \ Jon's WWW mail cow gateway. That is to
say, the
> /-------\/_/ : :: :: : ) person who sent this message could in fact
be an
> / | MAIL|| \_ ' '`-'`-'/ anonymous prankster. Even though this
message was
>* ||"" || \__________/ mailed to you from the cs.fredonia.edu
domain, it
> ^^ ^^ could have been generated by anyone in the
world.