Question about unplugging computer..... -Reply

From: mike d. (Michael Z-Sykes) (MSykes@su.edu)
Date: Sun Jan 24 1999 - 23:42:04 EST

You shoud be able to just pull thewhole harnes sout, but my dealer
advised against doin' it too frequently becuase of the added wear on the
connectors and the pressure on the wires. Be VERY careful pulling it out
becuase you have to grab it by the wires to get any leverage. I just gave
mine a greasin' when I did my PCV valve....

-mike d.

>>> <HKUSP40578@aol.com> 01/24/99 11:04am >>>
OK this might be kind of a really stupid question and if I can do all the
brakes on my Dak and just able everythign else, I think I should be able to
figure something out, but I though I would ask anyways:
With all the talk about unplugging he computer on the fenderwell when
doing
work on the truck(I usually just take the batt.cables off) I want to unplug
the harness and check the connections for corrosion(since I have
98,700 miles
on my truck and its 4WD) and grease(electric) them up to make sure
everything
is ok there. But I am just curious is there one major harness/connector to
look for? Do I have to unbolt the computer form the fenderwell to get to
this
connector(is it on the back)? I glanced at it before and saw 2-3
connectors at
the top, but I needed to take the computer apart to get to them. Any help
would be greatly helpful. THANKS
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6