Re: old valve covers needed

From: HEMI@charter.net
Date: Tue Jan 26 1999 - 21:41:21 EST

I'm in Atlanta , but I am still looking at one other possibility . I will
know more in the next couple of days .

What I am looking at is a guy at ARE that can make a custom set of covers
with whatever we want on them , but there would be a minimum order of at
least 20 and the price would be around $2500-3000 bones for the whole order .

Now it wouldn't be a big deal if everyone wanted them to have "Dakota R/T"
in them , but obviously , not everyone would .

If you break it down , it would come out to about $125-$150 per set , which
really isn't that much more expensive than good quality covers now .

He told me that I could get the most popular design on all of them , and
for those that wanted different , they would CNC engrave what you wanted in
place of the most ppular design which would be letters cast into the cover .

What does everyone here think about custom made valve covers for the Magnum
V8 that would only be available through the DML or the Dakota Registry ?

If there is enough interest , and the logistics/nit-picky stuff could be
worked out , maybe we can take it seriously .

I dunno , maybe it's just a pipe-dream ....wait a minute , the R/T was at
one time too !

At 08:59 PM 1/26/99 EST, you wrote:

><< I have found a place that can make a custom set of valve covers for me ,
> but I need to get an old set like from a junkyard so I can make the tops
> the way that I want them .
>
> I will use bondo to fill in the tops and design them like I want ,and then
> they will do a sand casting of the cover and make me some valve covers !!
>
> Anyone have any old steel covers from a late model Magnum V8 lying around
> that they want to sacrifice or sell at a cheap price ?
>
> Thanks !
> >>

>Jack, I have a set off my 96. Where you located?
>
>Brad

Jack Hilton III

HEMI@charter.net

http://webpages.charter.net/hemi/jbd1.html