RE: Hughes v6 cams

From: Bridges, Bruce (bbridges@alarismed.com)
Date: Thu Jan 28 1999 - 19:13:37 EST

Bill,
regrinds used to be the only way to get a performance grind on your cam!
The base circle gets smaller in order to increase lift, so you need to
re-adjust the rocker/pushrod length (mechanical systems) or with hydraulic
tappets they automatically "make up" the difference. They work, but a
larger base circle is more desireable to maximize ramp rate and reduce
"tappet edging" potential. If its your only avenue for HP then its not a
bad thing!
BKB