Re: RE: TCI for R/T.

From: WillTier@aol.com
Date: Thu Jan 28 1999 - 21:33:12 EST

In a message dated 1/28/99 10:45:25 AM Eastern Standard Time,
bbridges@alarismed.com writes:

<< HPM mag did an article on a HP locking torque
 converter for the 518/46 tranny but it wasnt TCIs. Looked trick and is also
 available today! Ill get the Mag and post the mfg tommorrow unless someone
 else has it handy? >>

How long ago? I don't remember it but have been getting the mag for a year or
so. I looked but couldn't find my Nov? issue, a friend may have it, but I'd be
interested in any info. I talked to the guy at the speed shop today and he
called TCI about the stall speed. TCI told him that on a stock engine it would
stall around 2500 but that the more mods you have the higher it would stall
?????????? anyway he said that with the juice and all on mine it would
probably stall about 2800 - 3000 ???? Also I seen on their site that it is
available for 93 - 98 ??? I'm pretty interested, it would certainly help the
low end torque situation. He also told me their regular price is 369.

Bill