Re[2]: RE: Like a kid in a candy store

From: fawcett@uism.bu.edu
Date: Thu Jan 28 1999 - 21:41:35 EST

Yo Doc! Now we're getting some where... If your going to need 4WD
regularly on the highway, I'd say the full-time transfer case is a must.
I've got it and it works great. I'd also go with the tire & handling
package to get the big tires (31x10.5") mounted on some nice looking rims.
There's a surprise inside too with this package --the spare is full size
mounted on the same nice rim (I didn't realize this so it was a nice
surprise for me ;-). I'd also get the "Sure-Grip" LSD if you don't plan on
doing any "serious" off-road driving. If you are, get the standard diff.
and put in the locker from PowerTrax that's due out this summer. As far as
gearing goes, I've got the 3.55 and there fine for my use... As I recall
you have a few *hills* out there in the big W so 3.92 might make more sense
--I think 3.92 gears also make sense if you plan on doing a lot of heavy
towing. With the miles your driving, I'd get the most comfy bucket seat
offered... The power option is kind of nice/neat too! If your not going
to rip out the stock sound system and "roll-your-own", get the one with a
CD player/better speakers... I didn't and I regret it every day! Tow
hooks are nice to pull out lesser vehicles and I think skid plates ought to
be standard equipment on 4x4's (but there not :(

To top it all off ***VERY IMPORTANT*** get the V8! Any way you slice it
the gas mileage is going to stink so you may as well enjoy it :-)

Have fun!

Tom