RE: Popping Exhaust?

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Fri Jan 29 1999 - 08:23:12 EST

I usually get the same noise with my '97 Dak SLT V6. Flowmaster "Custom
Cat-Back" system. I found that checking/retightening the exhaust manifold
bolts every month fixes this problem for me. (It seems that Dodge decided
not to put gaskets between the exhaust manifolds and heads.

Don't know about the headers if they will cure the problem, but i'll bet ya
anything that they come with gaskets.

Bernd D. Ratsch
Pflugerville, TX
bernd@texas.net
http://lonestar.texas.net/~bernd
1997 Dakota SLT-CC (3.9L)
License Plate Frame: "Don't Follow Me...I'm Trolling for Toyota's"
Song for the Day: "Gonna buy me a Dodge Truck and blow those Fords off the
road....."