Was:Re: **URGENT** -NOW: subwoofer box in a regular cab

From: Ican2u7176@aol.com
Date: Sat Jan 30 1999 - 17:12:16 EST

In a message dated 1/30/99 5:23:24 AM Eastern Standard Time,
maverick_nr552@hotmail.com writes:

<< I am not tall, but I don't see any room for subs behind the
 seats without losing about 6" of height. When the seat is where I like
 it, the top of it rubs the back of the cab and squeeks... Need some
 seats like Gary has in his Dakota, and lower this thing about 2-3
 inches... >>

I have a regular cab R/T and I was able to fit a two part box behind the
seats...still allowing the seats to go all the way back with the top of the
seat still able to hit the rear of the cab. It was tight but I was able to
make the box behind the driver's seat 16" tall 6"deep on the bottom and 3"
deep at the top. A 10" sub is in that box.(very tight with the magnet) The
other box behind the passenger seat is 11 1/4" tall(I still kept the jack in
the stock location) 4 7/8" deep at the bottom, and again 3" at the top. Both
are connected together via a 2 1/4" piece of PVC 14" long. The total volume is
.9 cubic feet with the sub and some loose fill. I had some trouble finding a
carpet to match my dark charcoal int, but now I have found some and will
finish carpeting it this weekend.

Charles Smith
99 Dak R/T RC