Re: Was:Re: **URGENT** -NOW: subwoofer box in a regular cab

From: Sam Parthemer (srp@home.com)
Date: Sat Jan 30 1999 - 20:38:32 EST

Thanks for the feedback. Last night I took my Alpine 6-disc RF CD
changer (that came out of my wife's old Toyota), and put it in the RT.

It was a 'SNAP'... Quite literally. Snapped off the dash bezzle, took
out the radio, spliced in the RF modulator, ran the controller display wire
below the dash (on the trans hump), and ran the CD changer wire along
the passenger side and mounted the CD changer above the jack, on
the rear of the cab. I had to tile the changer (adjustments were on the
bracket) to about a 80 degree angle to allow the catridge to eject without
hitting the hump on the back of the cab. The passenger seat slid all the
way back doesn't even touch the changer. A great upgrade for anyone that
really wanted a CD changer, but didn't get one with the factory radio. I
still run the same stock AM/FM/CD radio, and the infinity speakers. I think
I'll be putting a single sub on the drivers side, with a 50 watt AMP. I'm
going
to be weird and use an Infinity speaker, and possibly an Alpine AMP.

Sam '99 RT
         '95 SLT (I THINK IT"S SOLD--KINDA)