Re: Lease or Buy an R/T??

From: Mattselwa@aol.com
Date: Sun Jan 31 1999 - 20:03:34 EST

In a message dated 99-01-31 19:33:37 EST, fastassdak@hotmail.com writes:

<< Subj: DML: Lease or Buy an R/T??
 Date: 99-01-31 19:33:37 EST
 From: fastassdak@hotmail.com (FastAss Dak)
 Sender: owner-dakota-truck@buffnet4.buffnet.net
 To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net

 Im just lookin for any advice, or any possible horror stories, i prefer
 to buy, but we came up with a 36 month lease for a beautiful red R/T CC
 at 300 a month(including tax license, blah blah), fully loaded except
 for power windows and doorlocks (but those are easy to install), the
 down was 4grand,I asked the salesman about ordering an R/T, first he
 said it takes 7 weeks then he pulls this " They may throw the invoice in
 the back and not build it for 3 months, and you may not see it for up to
 4 months"(i know its cause he wanted to sell the red one on the lot)
 maybe someone can throw me some hints, im gonna call www.anewdodge.com
 tomorrow and see what they can do... Any advice is well appreciated,
 Thanks

 btw, financing is about 325 a month with 7grand down on a 24,750 sticker

  Jack

Jack,

I just ordered a '99 Regular Cab R/T with all the toys about 2.5 weeks ago. I
checked last Thursday and my salesmen told me it should be ready to pickup the
12th of Feb.!! So in my case it took about 4.5 - 5 weeks to get it if all
goes well.

As for the price, the total down looks a little high. I would think you should
be able to get it for around 2 - 2,500 down for $300 a month for a 36 month
lease (15,000 miles a year).

Good luck, and I would check a few more dealerships before commiting to see
if the lease for the R/T is similar.

Best Regards,

Matt Selwa
1999 Dakota R/T -> Due 2/12/99