Re: DML:IMPORTANT NEWS Computers?

From: Ican2u7176@aol.com
Date: Wed Feb 03 1999 - 09:42:47 EST

In a message dated 2/2/99 8:25:53 PM Eastern Standard Time, HEMI@charter.net
writes:

<< Anyone running any kind of boost , either from a SC or , ahem...a turbo :),
 needs to be able to either adjust the sprk and fuel ratios to prevent a
 lean condition , or the band-aid way is to slap on an extra injector or two .

 With a fuly adjustable computer , you could adjust the settings to whatever
 is best for your truck , in your area , for current conditions , etc . ,
 not to what Chrysler deems to be needed for everyone on Earth .

I could understand that but, do the guys who are just putting bolt-ons on need
a new comp? From what I see the has be NO one(read consumer...forget about
Shelby) that has installed a turbo and only a few have installed a
supercharger. Most are just tring to get a few more ponies every other couple
of weeks bolting on this and bolting on that...are these $600+(the price of a
good nitrous system) computers worth anything to them? Just get an
adjustable fuel pressure regulator,(anyone out there make one???) get a
air/fuel meter(under $99) and now you have your fuel adjustments for the road
and track (read R/T) daily drivers.