Re: DML:IMPORTANT NEWS Computers?

From: Jack Hilton III (HEMI@charter.net)
Date: Wed Feb 03 1999 - 10:17:02 EST

Yes , I believe that this has some benefits to people not running under
boost as well .

Like I said , the factory , even on the Mopar Performance unit , sets the
settings at what they deem as what the general population will require .

Different vehicles have different requirements based on many things such as
the weather , elevation , humidity , and just quarks between two trucks of
the same make and model .

What I am saying is yes , it should benefit anyone and it is infinitely
adjustable ......do I feel it is worth it ?For me yes , because I want that
kind of control and I want to know everything that goes on under the hood
(you can use this thing to watch the data real-time while you are
driving/racing) .

Just my opinion , but everyone has their own .

At 09:42 AM 2/3/1999 EST, you wrote:
>In a message dated 2/2/99 8:25:53 PM Eastern Standard Time, HEMI@charter.net
>writes:
>
><< Anyone running any kind of boost , either from a SC or , ahem...a turbo
:),
> needs to be able to either adjust the sprk and fuel ratios to prevent a
> lean condition , or the band-aid way is to slap on an extra injector or
two .

> With a fuly adjustable computer , you could adjust the settings to whatever
> is best for your truck , in your area , for current conditions , etc . ,
> not to what Chrysler deems to be needed for everyone on Earth .
> >>

>I could understand that but, do the guys who are just putting bolt-ons on
need
>a new comp? From what I see the has be NO one(read consumer...forget about
>Shelby) that has installed a turbo and only a few have installed a
>supercharger. Most are just tring to get a few more ponies every other couple
>of weeks bolting on this and bolting on that...are these $600+(the price of a
>good nitrous system) computers worth anything to them? Just get an
>adjustable fuel pressure regulator,(anyone out there make one???) get a
>air/fuel meter(under $99) and now you have your fuel adjustments for the road
>and track (read R/T) daily drivers.

Jack Hilton III

Black 1998 Dodge Dakota R/T Club Cab

Charter Pipeline......the Next Wave.....

HEMI@charter.net

http://webpages.charter.net/hemi/jbd1.html