Re: Speedbrain

From: Jack Hilton III (HEMI@charter.net)
Date: Wed Feb 03 1999 - 09:39:56 EST

NOT to be taken seriously :

At 11:54 PM 2/2/1999 -0800, you wrote:
>I am interested in the Speedbrain, but for a different vehicle.
> My application is a Dodge Dakota, '98, 318cid, 4sp auto, 3.55 axle
>I have a couple of questions:
>a) What is the data rate that the serial port on the PC needs to run?

Ummmmm......really fast ?

>b) Why only a 30 day warranty? There have been reports on a pseudo-
> competitor that their computer is quite suspitable to water
> damage due it's not being well sealed. This, and other failures
> that are reasonable for "infant mortality" in electronics usually
> result in a 90 day minimum warranty for re-built parts, and 1 yr.
> for new purchases. This feature will factor greatly in my decision
> for a 'puter that costs over $500, that will likely see only a few
> hours of use in its first month, in California.

Again....no clue here .

>c) On the Dakotas, the spedo gear is not changeable for MPH calib,
>instead, it is done via computer adjustment. Will that work in
> your unit? Alxe ratio, tire size changes?

Didn't someone just post the diff. gears for diff. size tires not too long
ago ?

As for you question , they haven't even looked at a vehicle yet , so they
probably couldn't tell you .

>d) Is there any fuel consumption readout? MPG / MPH or GPH?

Yes , it is GPH (Gallons Per Hour) for after you start dumping fuel in it .

>e) RPM limiter, is it "soft" or hard.

I'll tell you like I told my last girlfriend , it may seem hard , but it's
actually quite soft .

>f) 97+ Dakotas do not have a "Knock/Ping" sensor. Would provisions
> be avaiable to connect a piezo sensor to the computer?

Only if the computer had those provisions .

>Thanks for your attention,
>Mike Burgess Dakota Mailing List Member
>
>--
>"Thoughtcrime was not a thing that
>could be concealed forever. You might
>dodge sucessfully for a while, even
>for years, but sooner or later they
>were bound to get you."
>- George Orwell, Nineteen Eighty-Four

Jack Hilton III

Black 1998 Dodge Dakota R/T Club Cab

Charter Pipeline......the Next Wave.....

HEMI@charter.net

http://webpages.charter.net/hemi/jbd1.html