Speedbrain

From: Mike Burgess (mike.burgess@akamail.com)
Date: Wed Feb 03 1999 - 02:54:11 EST

I am interested in the Speedbrain, but for a different vehicle.
  My application is a Dodge Dakota, '98, 318cid, 4sp auto, 3.55 axle
I have a couple of questions:
a) What is the data rate that the serial port on the PC needs to run?
b) Why only a 30 day warranty? There have been reports on a pseudo-
   competitor that their computer is quite suspitable to water
   damage due it's not being well sealed. This, and other failures
   that are reasonable for "infant mortality" in electronics usually
   result in a 90 day minimum warranty for re-built parts, and 1 yr.
   for new purchases. This feature will factor greatly in my decision
   for a 'puter that costs over $500, that will likely see only a few
   hours of use in its first month, in California.
c) On the Dakotas, the spedo gear is not changeable for MPH calib,
instead, it is done via computer adjustment. Will that work in
   your unit? Alxe ratio, tire size changes?
d) Is there any fuel consumption readout? MPG / MPH or GPH?
e) RPM limiter, is it "soft" or hard.
f) 97+ Dakotas do not have a "Knock/Ping" sensor. Would provisions
   be avaiable to connect a piezo sensor to the computer?

Thanks for your attention,
Mike Burgess Dakota Mailing List Member

--
"Thoughtcrime was not a thing that