RE: Re: Re: 99 Dakota Lemon

From: Bridges, Bruce (bbridges@alarismed.com)
Date: Wed Feb 03 1999 - 11:56:29 EST

DML,
After seeing the pile of transmissions and converters behind my dealer's
service bays, I was thankful for the 10year 100K mile warranty I bent over
for. Of course, my R/T doesnt buzz and is dry as a bone at the rear tranny
seal (13K miles and counting).... @ 13K/year Ill hit the 100K before the
10years, but thats O.K too! I expect a torqueflite 727 or 904 to last at
least 160K miles, but I was leary of the 4spd autos from the git go. I have
read that once they are "beefed up" they are just fine, but stock is a
little wimpy...I figure between paint defects and tranny woes the warrantly
might pay off!
BKB