Re: Supertrap Mufflers ?

From: Alan Short (ashort@flash.net)
Date: Wed Feb 03 1999 - 12:55:31 EST

GSWillhite wrote:

> MOPAR MUSCLE mag. installed a Supertrap muffler in a V6 last year
> with good results. Has anyone on the DML installed one? The idea of
> having a tunable muffler on the end of a straight pipe sounds like
> more HP, if its not too loud.
>
> GS -
>
> 98 5.2L 5spd
>

> > Leave the stock pipe with a Supertrap and get the MSD, STOCK PLUGS ONLY!
> >
> > Mark

I just installed a Supertrapp on my wifes VW conv. the day before
yesterday. I've wanted one ever since they first came out for
motorcycles in the 80's, so when the VW muffler fell apart, I adapted a
Supertrapp in it's place. Real cool looking, but LOUD! It is the only
"muffler" on it. I started with all the discs and went down to 6. It's
still LOUD! Louder than my R/T, I can hear her coming WAY down the
street. I may even have to take it off, we'll see. Alan S.