Re: Supertrap Mufflers ?

From: Jack Hilton III (HEMI@charter.net)
Date: Thu Feb 04 1999 - 14:47:02 EST

>I just installed a Supertrapp on my wifes VW conv. the day before
>yesterday. I've wanted one ever since they first came out for
>motorcycles in the 80's, so when the VW muffler fell apart, I adapted a
>Supertrapp in it's place. Real cool looking, but LOUD! It is the only
>"muffler" on it. I started with all the discs and went down to 6. It's
>still LOUD! Louder than my R/T, I can hear her coming WAY down the
>street. I may even have to take it off, we'll see. Alan S.

Alan -

A guy in my neighborhood had one on an Eagle Talon (naturally aspirated)
and it sounded like a bumble-bee on crack coming from about 3 miles away .

What size , length , and finish did you get ?

I have heard that they sound good on a V8 , especially when you run two .

I may be interested in taking it off your hands if you decide to sell it .

Let me know .

Jack Hilton III

Black 1998 Dodge Dakota R/T Club Cab

Charter Pipeline......the Next Wave.....

HEMI@charter.net

http://webpages.charter.net/hemi/jbd1.html