Re: Shaker hood what do you want

From: Richard A Pyburn (rap777@juno.com)
Date: Thu Feb 04 1999 - 14:31:58 EST

Eric,
You know I'm crazy for the hood. My main concern is that it be
functional. I want realtively cooler air going into the K&N FIPK than
what's under the hood, especially with the headers heating things up.
I've always liked the looks of the shaker hood, but is that the best we
can do for our Daks(not a criticism, just a real question, the answer to
which I don't know)? I mean, you are the man and know what's what. I
trust and respect your knowledge and skill, to say nothing of the
performance you've gotten from your R&D. If you believe one design is
more functional that another (enables better performance), that's the one
I want. I guess it might be helpful if you could post some sketches.
Like, here's the proposed shaker hood and I believe it'll do x. And
here's a cowl hood and it'll do y. And here's the air-grabber and it'll
do z.

I know the shaker will look great. Maybe add the new Ram's head medallion
like on the newer Daks and some of that neat pinstriping like on the R/T
hoods, too.

Richard in SA
'95 CC SLT, etc. etc. etc.

On Wed, 3 Feb 1999 23:09:12 EST Rekker21@aol.com writes:
>In a message dated 2/3/99 8:33:05 PM Eastern Standard Time,
>msykes@su.edu
>writes:
>
><< we live in a society run by Chevy people, I'm convinced =) just
>look at all
> the sportruck publications, hot rod mags, perfromance parts
>catalogs...
> Chevy everywhere!!!.... I'm holdin' firm on my conspiracy theory. =)
>=)
> >>
>Ok, Im making a hood for old style daks this spring. I may scrap my
>original
>design and go with something retro. What seems to be the style that
>everyone
>wants with the older style dak?
> Im buying a clay oven and clay, along with the supplies for a mold
>and
>parts. Once the mold is made ( in my garage!) Parts can be made in
>multitudes.
>Get my meaning? No promises for sure, but profit sharing is coming up
>and
>that will be my investment money. Im doing this whether anyone else
>wants one
>or not. It will be a fully functional scoop whatever the style, and
>the
>quality will rival mass producers. I use to do this for a living!
>Let me
>know.
>Eric

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]