Another Nitrous Question

From: Dave Rench (renchd@krause.com)
Date: Thu Feb 04 1999 - 11:01:15 EST

For those of you running nitrous, do you leave it on continuously from
activation to the end of a run (thinking more of an automatic equipped
vehicle) or do you have it set to shut off during shifts? With all of the
concerns I've heard expressed on the list regarding automatic transmission
durability, I was just curious. It would seem logical to me to have a
minimum and maximum RPM range (through a controller of some sort), not only
to reduce wear and tear on the transmission, but to avoid bumping into the
rev limiter. As a side question does the factory rev limiter control RPM
via fuel or spark? I would think either could have some pretty exciting
consequences when using nitrous.

Dave Rench
1997 Dakota Sport 2WD RC 5.2 Auto, 10"FABM, MSD 8.5 MM, Hooker Aerochamber
Muffler, F & B TB (Not Yet Installed) Waiting for MP Computer or ?,
Nitrous ?