Re: Shaker hood what do you want

From: TXSTIM@aol.com
Date: Thu Feb 04 1999 - 22:02:59 EST

<< Ok, Im making a hood for old style daks this spring. I may scrap my
original
 design and go with something retro. What seems to be the style that everyone
 wants with the older style dak? >>

I've always preferred the shaker hoods ala '70 Cuda for looks. I remember
reading some older Direct Connection literature (long time ago) saying that
the six pak style scoops (like on the '69 RR's) were better. It was something
about getting the scoop opening above the boundary layer. But, even if the
six pak style would work better, I just don't think I'd like that look on a
Dak.