Re: RE: attn: Gary P...To shift or not to shift????

From: Ryan D. Krokosinski (eqgroup@equinoxfinancial.com)
Date: Fri Feb 05 1999 - 18:46:26 EST

I don't have the problem on my '99 R/T, but I sure would like Bruce's proposed cure.

Ryan (Bangin through the gears) K
'99 R/T RC

"Bridges, Bruce" wrote:

James,
same problem here, drives me nuts!  Ive left it in second accidentally at
the track.. Doesnt make for a very good E/T.  Gary Pinkley has a friend that
works for B&M.  He was interested in our R/T shifter woes.  Is there enough
R/T owners out there that hate the column shift set up?  I was thinking a
reverse pattern pistol grip or T handle mounted vertically on the center
console (on the wall of the biggest cup holder).  Maybe make a new insert
for the console without the cup holders (cup holders dont belong in race
cars...)  Ratchet action, pull up to shift to the next gear....Bang bang
bang.  Hit the lockout button for N, R and P, electric push to exit
overdirve switch...
BKB