Re: WooHoo how to.

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Mon Feb 08 1999 - 18:13:45 EST

On Mon, 8 Feb 1999, Alan Short wrote:
[...]
> 1st race I spanked a '98 Mustang, 2nd a '98 Firebird, and as you may
> know, barely lost to a T-Type Buick in the last one.
> As I have stated in the past, I STILL think the computer is sucking the
> life out of my performance, it STILL lays down after the 1/8 mi. Every
> race I was winning by 1-2 truck lenghts and then after 1/2 track, the
> other cars begin to gain quickly. I wish I had these quick times with
> something in the 100 mph range for trap speed instead of 95, that would
> be a lot more competetive.

   The holeshot and the first half of the track is where the Dakota
has the advantage. You've just gotta try to get as far ahead as you
can at the start and hope its enough to hold off the competition. That's
one of the sacrafices you make when you drive a brick. :-) We
just don't have the aerodynamics to turn those high trap speeds. A
95-96mph trap speed for a Dakota that's running low 14's sounds
just about right. Bill's best time of 12.88 is only at 106mph or
so. If you run the same ET as an F-body, they'll always have the
higher mph. (Probably a combination of the aerodynamics and
the gear ratios.) Oh well, as long as the ET is faster, that's
all that matters. :-)

                                              -Jon-