re:Broken Windshield

From: Mike Burgess (mike.burgess@akamail.com)
Date: Tue Feb 09 1999 - 02:14:06 EST

> From: HEMI@charter.net
> Subject: DML: Broken Windshield
>
> Man , I was taking a smoke break today at work ,
> and as usual I was staring
> at my beloved in the lot .
>
> Damn if I didn't spot a crack in the windshield !!
> Please excuse me while I slit my wrists !
> BTW - Is it more efficient to start at the wrist and go up , or straight
> across ?

Start low, and go to the elbow. You want to lay the length of the veins
open, they wont close and clot as easily. Take some asprin about an
hour
before hand, it thins the blood a bit. Do NOT cut across. That stands
a good chance
of cutting tendons, and then if you live, you won't be able to grip the
steering wheel, or another razor blade.
 Or, file a claim with the insurance, they often do a R&R on the
windshield, either
free, or low cost, not your std deductable. I think there are several
windshields
that some of the list members would like to give away too, if you are
into the
shipping.

PS, if my windshield didn't leak, and the ripple distortion was not in
my main vision,
I'd just put up with it, I had one botched replacement, not fun.

--
"Thoughtcrime was not a thing that
could be concealed forever. You might