RE: RE: Cable Modem

From: Vladimir Ryall (vladimir@austin.rr.com)
Date: Wed Feb 10 1999 - 01:40:38 EST

I can understand why you so critical of Cable Modems now. MCI stands to be
left out of the Cable Modem arena. Although ISDN has been around for quite
sometime, it can be very expensive and undependable. I am not sure what you
mean by smaller backbone specifically related to CableModem networking, as
this would apply across the board to each and every example you listed. I
would say its irrelevant to the discussion. Further, the speed difference
between ISDN & a CM is @ 3 fold +. The equipment cost of ISDN equipment is
prohibitive, last time I checked. I guess what I am saying is adios
overpriced ISDN and hello CableModem. By the way, routers are old
technology as well. We still have some hanging around though.

Vladimir "FASRAM"
Senior Engineering IT Manager (MCSE+I)
Dell Computer Corp.
Home: http://home.austin.rr.com/fasram/