RE: 1996 Fog lights need replacing...

From: jbleazard@home.com
Date: Wed Feb 10 1999 - 18:16:22 EST

> >What size are your driving lights? PIAA has a couple of styles

> that combine

> Ummm, about the length of a McDonald's napkin by a McDonald's napkin

> folded in half plus my pinkie finger... ;-) I guess I'm gonna have

> to actually take a ruler or tape of some type out to the truck before

> I decide what lights to buy. :-) I think I've got clearance for

> about 6.5"x3.5".

I thought the saying was, "measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut
with an axe."

According to the Performance Corner catalog I have, the size of the 940
series fog/driving is 3-9/16"H x 7"W x 3-3/4"D. There is also a 90 series,
but that one is 9-3/4"W and it's also twice as expensive.

> Hmm, sounds interesting. From what I've heard PIAA is a quality

> product too. Any idea how much they cost? The Mopars appear to be

> $78 each.

Hmmm... the 940s are listed at $220 for the kit, although I don't think this
catalog has the best prices around. That includes all the wiring, which you
wouldn't need. Even so, that's pretty expensive.

> >I guess you

> >could always trim the air dam to make room for a second set of lights.

> Yep, that's a possibility too, but it sort've sounds like an accident

> waiting to happen, knowing me... ;-)

I've seen several low-profile lights that you can mount like Ned Vogler did.
It looks like he didn't have to do much more than drill a couple of holes.
The FET Catz lights he has are also pretty expensive, but I've seen the same
shape in other brands.

Jason