1996 Fog lights need replacing...

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Mon Feb 08 1999 - 18:51:07 EST

   When I was changing a bulb in one of my fog lights the other day,
I noticed that the other one was shot. The glass is broken, and the
rusted ring that holds the light in place is broken and bent. The light
is barely being held in place. So anyway, it appears as if I have to
replace the light. (Or at least the glass and that ring.)

  At this point, I'm considering all the alternatives. I might go
to an aftermarket setup, but I want something that's not going to
look stupid. I hate to ask what the factory fog lights are going to
cost, but I guess I have to... :-) Anyone ever had to replace
'em?

  One thought that I had was using some of those round "projector"
type lights. If they were small enough, I could buy 4 lights, 2
fog lights and 2 driving lights, and put 2 in each opening. That
way I can have the fog lights operate like they do now, but I
could also have some nice driving lights for better visibility
when the high beams are on. I'd have to find some small enough
so that 2 would fit though. Also, I'm not sure about how stupid
that would look. :-) JC Whitney lists some small ones, but
unfortunately they don't list the candlepower or wattage.

  Any advice or suggestions appreciated! :-)

                                              -Jon-